If you give up lazing, we can give you the keys to the Luberon, from the world-famous places to the most unusual and hidden places :
- Nature outings in the immediate vicinity
- History and architecture tours
- Gourmet strolls
Local farmers markets, restaurants serving local products, wineries, olive oil producers, truffle producers…
- Outdoor activities : cycling, climbing, hiking, riding…
- Cultural activities : art exhibitions, concerts…
We will share our knowledge of and our love for an authentic Provence
Oppède’s tourist attractions
- Panoramic view and listed natural site
- Collegiate church of Notre-Dame-d’Alidon
- Castle and mediaeval houses
- Vineyard path
- Landscaped garden of Sainte-Cécile
- Long Distance Footpaths GR6/GR97
- Climbing area of La Dent du Loup
- Cycloroute Tour du Luberon
- Oppède Festival , 20/22 July 2018
- Les concerts au coucher du soleil, 21/25 August 2018
Here are some suggestions
- There are many easy paths or trails through the protected natural spaces of the Luberon Régional Nature Park, which has been awarded as one of the 120 UNESCO Global Geopark.
- At our door, the cedar forest and the dramatic cliffs of the Vallon de Combres
- At less than 30mns, you may thus discover the Provencal Colorado in Rustrel (listed site), Bruoux ochre mining tunnels, the garden of tinctorial plants in Lauris, and many other wonders of the preserved Luberon’s nature.
Heritage and architecture hikes
- In Oppède, different thematic path (the medieval village, vineyards and vine growing, fountains and wash houses, wind turbines and oil mill…).
- In the vicinity: the roman bridge Pont Julien, the Cistercian Abbaye de Sénanque, the numerous and world famous beautiful perched villages, like Gordes, Ménerbes, Bonnieux, Lacoste…all within a radius of 30 km.
- Slightly further: famous places like les Les Baux-de-Provence, Avignon, the roman bridge Pont du Gard, the beautiful cities of Aix-en-Provence or Marseille.
- The traditional colorful markets
- Local products (wine, Olive oil, truffles…) There are several oil mils and many wineries in the vicinity, where you will be welcome.
- The long-distance footpaths GR6 and GR97 that cross the Luberon and are at La Buissonnière door.
- Shortest but tough hikes like the beautiful vallon de Combrès which is to be discovered from the bottom of our village.
- Easier but with fascinating shapes and colours in the Ocres of Rustrel massif, or the Cedar Forest of Bonnieux.
- Signposted cycling itineraries that follows little-used minor roads like the Luberon Tour that crosses our village, or the Ochre Tour.
- mountain bike trails in the countryside.
- Des parcours VTT dans différents sites du Luberon, comme les Ocrières de Roussillon.
- 600m from here: la Dent du Loup : 50 climbing routes –rated 3c à 7a.
- 12km from here: Falaise Saint Jacques, Cavaillon where there are also Via Ferrata.
- 30 km from here: the mythic cliffs of Buoux with more than 500 climbing routes..
- 4km from here: The riding school L’Écurie des Royères
Some suggestions of daily excursions :
Prestigious international festivals :
- Theatre in Avignon,
- Piano in La Roque d’Anthéron
- Danse in Vaison-la Romaine (+/-1 hour driving from Oppède)
Some others, more discreet nearby festivals hold nice surprises all year long :
- The Festival International de Quatuors à Cordes du Luberon,
- Luberon Jazz Festival,
- Les Musicales du Luberon and many others.
As a land of artists, the Luberon is rich of exhibition venues for contemporary art like :
- Louise Bourgeois in Bonnieux
- The Pierre Cardin Foundation in Château de Lacoste
- Fondation Blachère in Apt
Different museums relate the Luberon history and traditions :